Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, July 24, 2010

The New House....part 2

So see, I can totally follow through. I charged my battery and here you go, the rest of the pics. Minus things like the laundry room, the big ole long hall, the attic, and the empty front hall because I have nothing to put in there. Fun times. So here you go, a peek into what has taken me forever to accomplish....

So this is the master bathroom, it's a long corridor thingy with two closets and an alcove at one end, and since the other two look similar, well I'm too lazy to go take pics.

So the look for the new house is "minimal clutter", and since before we put everything into storage last winter, we gifted alot of our stuff to others I'm running a little short on some things. Like surfaces to put things........Dave must have seen this as his one chance to whittle down some of my tables, cause I had a ton and it wasn't until this week that I finally noticed they were all gone. Hmmm, obviously I'm a sharp tack. And since it was evening when these were taken, please notice Murphy and Princess laying like broccoli after having a long day of work.


And another note: Jeromes' furniture of California is STILL my favorite furniture store evah because I bought these couches when I was pregnant with Duchess who is now 7.5 years old peeps. These are some seriously rocking quality couches. I seriously hope I still have them when I retire. Love them.



Pretty empty corner which needs a table, reading lamp and something....but for now will have what we call the baby rocker, our first brand new piece of furniture after we found out we were gonna be parents. And the entry wall into the front hall holds my lovely little armoire that is FULL of other pottery and such cause I have no where to put it. Hi Duchess, hiding in the hall.


Princess got a bigger girl room. Looks better in person than pics but we gave up all our black IKEA furniture and spray painted her bed so that was the extent of my help. The rest of this room was all her. I kept my hands off. Although she gave me a list of things she needs: rug, artwork, different curtains.......OKay....



The other side of her room. Kid has her own walk in closet... it's almost as big as mine. I'm not sure that is a good thing.



Other than a new desk chair, Duchess is complete. Pink and purple paradise......frankly since she is at the very end of the house her room get SOOOO much sunlight that between the light and the bright colors, it hurts my eyes to go in there. Get a good look cause I doubt we'll see it this clean ever again.