Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, July 30, 2007

Beauty Day....


I decided to stop fighting nature. I'm gonna quit trying to obtain the glamorous streaky natural looking (but not really) hair color that I see on just about everyone else but me and I'm gonna stick with as close to natural as possible. I'll just fight my grays when they come back, cause yep, I have a ton of gray hair but The Man refuses to let me "go gray".

Except, my natural is wayyyyyyyy natural. Let me explain, my true hair color is extremely similar to that of my daughters, however over the years, L'Oreal and I have done alot of changing. So as the years go by, my roots get darker....and darker until it's now almost as dark as The Mans......I'm kinda in shock here......
So while I'm at the salon "going natural", Princess and Duchess were angels. I mean truly they were angelic. It was down-right scary! I think The Man bribed them, or their Mimi, somebody got to them before me.....lucky girls.


They kept everyone entertained as they did each other's hair....cause as Duchess put it, "mommy was getting her hair painted".


There was braiding involved and luckily we looked up in time to get the shears away from Duchess who was fixing to scalp her sister! Then they put in mousse and other assorted products the women kept tossing their way, cause they were too cute....and they got me a discount on some awesome iron spray.





So here I am in my natural glory! The Man kinda likes it. My eyebrows haven't actually matched my hair like this since 1993.