Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, April 8, 2013

Bow down bitches

It was a busy day in the kitchen. Yesterday was beautiful...it was in the late 50's and baby we were bike riding, we were walking the dog to the park, and we were chilling in short sleeves. Then I woke up to a damn white out of snow. By noon it was 7 inches down, bastard.... Then to make it more fun, I missed my nap because I was doing laundry. (Sidebar: my laundry room is in the basement and is dark and warm.... so my gasket on the front loader is starting to get moldy. So a thick paste made from perioxide and baking soda can be smeared on there and let to dry. Then damp warm rag you can wipe it straight off.)

Then I was feeding kids snacks and folding laundry when my man comes storming downstairs. He left work early so he could make the roads in this nastiness outside and the upstairs was empty so he panicks, lol. But then Princess came home with bad grades and ruined my mood.

When I'm pissed or frustrated or sad, I cook.

We had slow roasted chicken, bacon wrapped asparagus, ranch potatoes (the secret is red onions and diced up summer sausage), homemade mac and cheese, and a big ole green salad. Oh and I made a pineapple upside down cake for dessert. From scratch.... as in flour and shit.

Recognize people.

Recognize these skills.

Excuse me while I go try to not beat a kids ass.....