Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, August 27, 2011

#12's Got A Little Swagger

 We had a tourney last weekend, not too far from home. Alot closer to Cajun country than we are down here on the border in Texas. It was hot and I do mean freaking HOT. But best part about the tourney's? The team, they really have become a family. We all spend so much time together and it's just amazing to watch these girls grow each time. #12 is my Princess and the girl has gotten a little swagger in her walk. It's freaking adorable. The confidence I see in this kid just blows my mind. She's got game and she can bring it. I've waited a long time to see my kid blossom like this. The rest of the "family", worth their weight in gold. I just adore them! The moms are cool as cat shit and the support this team gets is amazing to me. Very much a blessing!

 This would be my girl running home.... stealing home in fact. She went in head first with her arms stretched out in front of her body at an angle. Slid right in between the pitchers feet. The ball went wild, Prin came off that bag and the pitcher ran to cover home. She blocked home which is technically illegal but eh, Prin just went down and through. Close call but she was SAFE! My heart stopped beating for the entire play. Whew! Thank gosh for those helmets.

 Up to bat.... it cracks me up. She takes the plate like she's just admiring the view. But when the ball is right, she pulls that elbow close to her chest, pops those hips and the foot digs and BOOM. My baby got her first full slam to center field on this hit. She was almost to second when the center fielder dove in the grass and caught it. We still cheered like it was a grand slam!!!!!! The kid has come so far since March when she picked up her first glove. The other times at bat during the four games, she bunt, struck-out once, hit a line drive to short stop and walked. Never a dull moment.

 The girls wear in-field face masks. Makes them all look like Hannibal Lector but it protects them from the ball. These girls throw hard and fast plus they are hitting off 50 plus miles per hour pitches so to save noses, eye sockets, teeth and etc, they wear those funny masks. This pic, 5 seconds later she caught a fly ball at second and shut down a very tough inning where the #1 ranked team had already ran up 9 runs on us. She was grinning ear to ear.  When she's not catching, she plays second and left field. Second usually gets the least action so it was fun to watch her play there and get that out.

 In between a long stretch of games, I took some players and we went exploring in the town after a quick lunch (which consisted of getting thrown out of Wendy's when some ball players had a water fight in the restroom). It was HOT but we found water!

 And of course we got some planking in........... cause who doesn't make time for that right?

 I'm pretty sure it's illegal to do this but eh, they were quick about it. Smile for the camera! Tell me that the sky isn't just gorgeous! It was a perfect day for ball.

Ask Duchess who was my partner in crime the whole weekend. This is the first touney I've been to where you couldn't bring in coolers and/or snacks for the players. You had to buy everything on site. Wrong. I have never stuffed so much cold stuff in my sports bra, my chair bags, my purse, Duch's shorts, etc....... ever. We b smugglers ya'll.

We have this upcoming weekend off and we are really excited to have some down time. Labor Day weekend will see us deep in the heart of Texas though!