Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, February 12, 2011

78655435.6

So I've been busy this past forev-ah! Good grief, between work and all that jazz it's been fun and hectic. Dave is on assignment up in Okie country. Miss that man, but life goes on down here. I'll start with today since it's the most recent on my mind. Today Prin tried out for our little town's softball team. She and her BFF are too excited since it's their first year to ever play. Can't believe that after all this time, she finally is showing interest in mom's game. So after a quick hair appt (ummm, not a bad mom but tryouts were suppose to be last night and they rescheduled them last night to today, hence my running out of the hair salon with wet hair in a pony to race across the county line to the fields to watch her. I got there just in time believe it or not.)

So in the bleachers watching a bunch of old men run the tryouts was fun. They needed a catcher though for the girls to do field tryouts. So my girlfriend grabbed a glove and went outfield while I played catcher, my knees will not thank me tomorrow. Prin was cool! Except, she missed a popup thanks to the setting sun and took it in the forehead. Seriously, I dropped my glove and was in the process of fixing to run to her when she shook it off and chased the ball down, firing it to 1st. My jaw hit the dirt. My princess girly girl just acted like a ballplayer. Holy crap, I was dancing in the dirt behind home plate. Until she whistled at me and shook her head, then I remembered that I was an adult and stopped.

 But then it was batting tryout time and none of the guys could pitch so Prin volunteered me. I tried every excuse in the book but got outvoted and tried real hard to get close to them and slow it real real real down and lob them over the plate.
 I only pegged one kid in the leg, and it was my kid. Go figure. I won't live this one down. She seriously just threw a hand on her hip and was like "mom, seriously? me?". Sorry honey. But then I caught her ball and felt a little better, lol.

 BFF rocked it too, throwing out a bunt at the last minute.

 But for a kid that never plays, she got serious and showed up ready to do this. I was so damn proud.

 Seriously, although she finally stepped out of the box and was like mom, you can't cheer for me from the mound. Stop it. lol.

 That ball to the head? Yeah, look at the popknot my baby has. No tears, just a request for a Sonic coke and some asprin. Gotcha babe.

 But my hair appt went well, I gots me some spring blonde back in my do.

 And a chance to introduce you to my bestest stylist ev-ah. Isn't he fabo, in his pink vinyl apron? We talked Glee the whole time.

And since you missed it, I got to try out what I want for my birthday. Dream on, I know right. But it's so damn purty.

Otherwise we're good. Kids made the team and we start at the end of the month, will be traveling around to various local towns competing. She is super excited and frankly so am I.