Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, June 5, 2010

2 days on the road

We made excellent time driving the kiddos up to drop off with my folks. A full day there to the meeting city, and a full day back home to Dave. A few thoughts on the trip:

- Love is not my favorite truck stop any longer, nasty! Travel America centers are NICE!

- Hearing my kids warn each other to "hover" when using the potty in a not so great bathroom, priceless!

- There is only so many times you can distract Duchess before she'll continue to talk for a full hour

- My kids love 50's music

- Duchess bought ran me off the road cause I was hysterically laughing at her story of a new movie where a dog threatens to eat someone and poop them out on the floor, you had to be there I guess...sounded funnier than writing it

- Princess, bless her heart, has a tiny bladder

- We had some great chats on the road, making me totally appreciate my time with my kids

- Country Inn & Suites is the NICEST hotel. It was clean, friendly staffed, beautiful and the sheets were fantastically soft, nice tub too, good for soaking

- Loved seeing my mom and dad. I miss them so much.

- Got up and left at 5 am heading home to Dave while everyone else slept till 9

- Made excellent time

- Preplanned well. Had six cd's of "themes" that lasted the entire trip...did you know you could put 20 songs on a cd? Anyway: glee, rock, glee 2, rock 2, girls rock, and combo. Fun times.

- I did the entire trip home with 4 stops

- Weirdest stop was a truck stop with an out of order women's room so the deskclerk cleared the men's room so 4 women could use it, NASTY....If I'd ever wondered about the men's room, it lived up to NO expectations. Although Dave did explain the scented cakes in the urinals to me.

- Managed to drive without any speeding tickets

- Got home to Murphy about passing out in excitement...seems he moped the entire time I was gone. He is a momma's boy.

- Dave took me straight out for dinner at Joe's and didn't tease me once for spraying him with crab juice as I attempted to eat an entire pot of snow crab legs. YUM! Althought I got the fire roasted version which was so spicy and so messy, I was covered head to toe in seasonings and crab juice. They had to hold the bathroom door open for me so I could wash up afterwards but girl was starving!

All in all, the kids had a blast and so did I. Now I'm enjoying my week with my hubby.

After my nap, I'll relate my adventures from today.