Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, November 3, 2013

Ima Shopper Yo

So we have our second trunk show coming this week..... Im nervous. Our first trunk show was in the basement of our local library where they have a community room. We had two clothing racks that were donated to our brand new business by a friend and a table to lay things on. Oh and Prin brought her stand up mirror from home. That was it. No decorations, no nothing. We were there 3 hours. We did well. So I started doing my research. I realized that an online store was great but if I put a little more effort into it, I could do more. So here is our more. We have added trunk shows. We reached out to someone who could bring a crowd. She's funny, older and takes no prisoners. I'm stoked to say, she's also bringing a shitload of wine. She swears we'll sell more with booze. :) Now here's the catch, we're aiming to keep it classy so no trunk shows at people's houses... we have a really nice, sleek little hotel here in town that has a generous sized conference room. This also includes a general manager who is a member of Lion's Club with me and gave me a smoking deal on the room rental. Really smoking deal ;) So we got Costco wine, a sweet private room with all the chairs and tables I need.... now I just rely on my hostess for snacks and her contacts. Now here is where Prin and I had a plan. We want to set up the middle of this conference room to look like a real classy lady's dressing room. We did alot of online shopping. We knew that to get the look we wanted we'd have to use more seed money. It ain't cheap. We wanted to keep with her theme colors.... red and columbia-ish blue. So we had a plan. Full length mirror that could free stand. A privacy screen which could be angled to shield someone trying on a shirt. We needed portable, foldable bookcases to stack options on.... we needed some type of grid or portable wall that could be used to hang clothes up and display outfits/purses while blending into the background. I was really stressed because they were gonna all run me about $600 without shipping. Crap. I bit the bullet and ordered a portable grid on castors that could be spun around to get the most out of all surface space. The shipping was as much as the unit. Booooo. But the rest, I was just too frugal to buy. Yesterday, we were in a big town hours away to watch Princess' last volleyball game. It was a big game against a Christian school that has quite the team. For the first time this season, her team won all three games in their heat. Woohoo. So afterwards, we are doing some big city shopping.... and we hit Ross. I about fell out. Duchess was trying on boots, Dave was digging in wool socks and I found it.... a huge privacy screen. For waaaaay less than online. So I call Dave over and we are discussing when Prin shows up with a mirror. We then found our bookcases. The only thing we didn't find was a red chair. Our bill walking out of Ross was 141.00. Yeah. Score big time. Hobby lobby and TJ Maxx neither had the chair. I need a red chair dang it. But otherwise, with our custom tags. Our bags. Our stock. Our set up. We are almost ready. Tomorrow afternoon we practice loading it up in our truck. We gotta make it all fit in one run. Wish us luck. Oh and Duchess got the cutest ankle boots eveah.... with a little heel on them. Thinks she's all that, lol.