Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kill Me Now

To de-stress and take the edge off my stomach probs, I took the doc's advice and cut school for the summer. It's worked so far but...

Now I have a ton of extra time in the evenings once the kids are in bed.

I'm horrified to admit that I've been wasting that time. Let's count the ways.....

  • Becoming a fan of youtube (not something I'd have foreseen but I dig listening to my music and watching the videos, this could be cause I don't have cable...hmmm, good excuse, I'll keep that one)
  • Painting my nails
  • conditioning my hair
  • scrubbing baseboards and trying not to sing loudly to my ipod as to not wake the kids
  • sorting and putting pics into photo albums (I'm only about three years behind now, verses five)
  • xbox (remind me to smack my brother in the head for that one)
  • Painting my toenails
  • Color coordinating my clothes for the next day with makeup and jewelry to match
  • Ditto for the kids (minus the makeup)

So what stands out so far...........

When the fark did I become so freaking girlie? I mean yeah I'm a girl and all, vain enough to keep my roots under control and occassionally shave my legs (usually when prompted, thanks honey!) but when you're so bored that you find yourself tweezing your eyebrows, intentionally causing eye watering and pain, well it's getting out of hand.

Gotta find myself an evening hobby that doesn't revolve around decorating myself. Geez. Guess giving up my book buying habit came at a bad time, it's too bad our public library is the size of my pantry.

Yet another strike on Utah, wow...kinda impressed that I managed to work that one into this post. That takes talent.

Oh and while waiting on my girlfriend to finally go into labor with her baby, I talked to her briefly today to check in....poor thing, so ready to pop. However, it was a total blonde moment to go, "yeah I'm ready too, cause I totally need my roots touched up" ......... yeah...... she um does my hair, lol. Foot/Mouth, luckily she laughed really hard about my "honesty" so maybe she'll go into labor soon, cause I need a touch up.