Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, August 23, 2015

Homeschool and Paint Fumes

Homeschooling my high schooler is def interesting. Luckily for me, we are using a Christian curriculum that is internet broadcasted which allows me to just help her when she has a question but the teachers teach her and they grade her. Brilliant... takes the heat off of me and I just love it. I can just help my kid and supervise. Chemistry is touch and go but the other classes are just rocking along! Proud momma. I was initially worried that removing her from the traditional classroom would be a crazy experiment but so far, the opposite. She sets up her own schedule.... harder classes in the morning and the easiest at night. It's pretty fun watching her work her way through. She's really enjoying the nursing classes and tomorrow she will wear her first set of scrubs... oh lord but you know I'ma take a million pics of that lol.

So since I have plenty of free times, I'm working on more furniture. I freaking love love love it. A little local shop has carried my first two pieces so it'll be fun to see how they work. Whether they sell or not. I can't wait to see. But for now, I'ma keep working on my projects. The problem is that I'm tempted to keep it for myself. I redid a desk and I've kept a desk... made it my own lol. Then I did a bureau then I kept the bureau. Crap. So I went ahead and decided no more... I'ma keep going and I'm going to not keep anymore.  Or maybe I'll get rid of a piece if I keep a new piece, lol.

Just finished an amazing weekend of spoiling Dave.... hard to put him back on the plane but what a blessing this trip was. This morning when the rain took a break finally, we all got out in the yard... us girls attacking a huge overgrown funky bush that is eating half my yard and Dave was changing light bulbs in the security lights and helping me rake up the gravel .... living on a hill means every time it rains, our gravel runs down into the road and further across and down into the neighbors yard. I like them but frankly I don't want to share my gravel .... urgh. Does anyone know about pervious concrete? I need to get some of that to mix into my gravel driveway so I can fix that.... actually I'm going to start taking quotes on asphalt to get my driveway done next spring. Until then, I'm gonna keep raking my shit out of my neighbors yard. Urgh.