Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, November 20, 2008

They Hear EVERYTHING...and more

My little easedroppers are everywhere. Yet while they may hear everything, they may not understand.......

Interesting comments from my girls, interrupting parental conversations!

- Who is economy?

-Why are people scared of economy?

-What is an AK-47?

-Why would you step on an elephant?

-Why is daddy got Uncle J's back? He has his own.

-When are we moving to Canada? (in response to the election, hee hee)

-Are you gossiping? It's a sin.

-I told my teacher that you do drugs but that I love you anyway (smoking)

-Did you really gut Bambi?

-How come "that one" is bad form?

-Will the shelter in our basement have a tv?

Not to mention that there is no such thing as privacy in my home anymore. Princess just has to tell me something the very minute she remembers. Interrupting my shower, my bath, or worse....

Somebody lied. Murphy is now 15 lbs and quite the bed hog. Luckily he likes to snuggle to his momma, therefore hogging The Man's side. He also likes to sleep with his head on a pillow. Smart little booger.

My mother is my hero. The one person in the world who doesn't judge me and makes it completely okay for me to not be perfect. I cannot begin to explain how utterly safe this makes me feel.

I adore my girlfriends who call me during the day just to say "hey, thinking of you". Those little calls just make my day.

Last week I got Murphy a new squeeky ball. He has devoured it. It's kaput. He really is a little stinker. But oh so handsome in his LSU kerchief. The Man takes it off, I put it on, he takes it off.

Otherwise, I have to clean my house cause the first full week of school, I have done NO housework. The people are revolting.