Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, September 18, 2009

Busy little bugs.....

It's been insanely busy in the weeks since I've been back from Houston. However, I wanted to hit the highlights...quick like.

Duchess' request for a "fur" from Texas was amusing, until we realized she was serious. Luckily Dave found the perfect thing at a local sporting/hunting store in Houston. So when she opened her coyote pelt, she was super excited.....and super cute. How awesome is technology, via webcam he is able to spend time with them everyday....love it.My last breakfast in Texas with him...one of the rare shots of Hope4Grace you'll see. I'm usually behind the camera.

My girls when I dropped them off for school the first day. I must say they have gotten so big. I feel very very old...

Dave came to visit and promptly took us all to eat.......oh ym BBQ! Duchess likes her some ribs y'all

A great shot of Dave and Princess. I can't tell you how very much I miss seeing them together like this, they are usually attached at the hip....
It's hard being apart but we're working on it. Prayer helps.
Honestly, it was easier to send him off to deployment with the Navy. Six months of little contact and no visits actually allows you to get into a schedule and rythem that doesn't include them even though they are there in thoughts. This is tougher cause we know what we're missing. The week after he visits is hard on us all, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Think I'm gonna have to move to Texas peeps.
Just saying