Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, August 27, 2009

Way down South...

Well I'm writing to you from the dining room of an RV parked smack in the middle of Eastern Texas. An opportunity presented itself so I made hay and flew in last night at midnight, found my sleepy husband in the airport and we drove two plus hours to get to home-sweet-RV. I'm having the time of my life.

First off, I must say, his schedule and lifestyle are much more bleck than I had it pictured in my head. Gonna give that poor bastard a backrub tonight, cause momma is feeling bad for him. But I'm working to sweeten his life up anyway I can. (Although I must say, his job and RV are such a blessing as well as his brother, it's so awesome and rare that they get time together as adults. I hope the girls can have that kind of relationship when they are grown. The two of them crack me up, boys will be boys)

So after 3 hours of sleep, I got up and took him into work so I could keep his jeep. Man oh man, I'm not a fan of buttcrack dawn but okay....I'm game. So I scrubbed the sleepy out of my eyes, wrote down directions as he drove and waved goodbye to him.

Then promptly got lost.

This wouldn't have been so bad, if I hadn't been in my Disney pjs. The "Grumpy" disney pjs that are like three sizes too big. No makeup, check. No bra, check. My only redeeming feature, I had shoes on. And the nice lady at the Texaco, turned me around and got me back on track, and with a Big Gulp Dr. Pepper too. Yes!

Sadly there was no going back to sleep, so I gathered his laundry and took a shower. Thus promptly clogging his shower drain, but since I don't speak RV, I got the RV owner of place we park, hooking me up. Adding a Y thingy so we can drain all sewers at the same time......duh? Am I the only one who thinks that is a no brainer. And since it's sewer and old guys love me, guess who ain't touching it......

Yep, got it, me.........I'm "helping", pictures to come. Brace yourself.

Then I made a list and hit Walmart cause my man has nothing. New trailer, yes....but no excuse for me treating him like this. He now has the following:

hangers
dryer sheets
crock pot (with a yummy dinner already cooking)
pots and pans
a oven baking dish
a microwave baking dish (for the best baked potatoes on earth)
oven mitts
a cutting board
spoons, forks (damn forgot a knife)
Tupperware for lunches
measuring cup
cooking utensils
Groceries - the guy has apparently been eating the same damn breakfast, lunch and dinner for a week, I love this man.......
an airfreshner
pillows (last night he tried to give me his pillow, sad)

All of this was accomplished by a very generous envelope from my mother and my debit card. The funny part, the grand total was split right down the middle.......

Mom, I can't count the ways I love you. He's going to be so surprised!!!

Next up is scrubbing his shower and doing some laundry....but since I'm running on three hours sleep, think I'm gonna take a little nappy first.

Pictures to come peeps, cause I'm a fool for trees and fresh air and people and tractors and grain silos and train tracks and well you get the picture.......

Hope4Grace reporting from Texas: where I'm trying to bring a little home to my guy