Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, November 17, 2007

He's Handy.....

I have always told people that there were two reasons I married The Man...

1. Um....not appropriate for blog world

and

2. Cause he's handy.....

Seriously handy, as in he can fix anything he puts his hands to.

Once upon a time when we were lowly E3's and poor, I can home from work one day in my hand me down 1987 Chevy Caprice with valour seats...with a broken water pump. He came in from the ship at about 8 that night and over dinner, I explained the problem. After a quick change, a trip to Kragen, he pulls out all of his tools and a light and proceeded to remove the entire radiator and other doma-hickeys to pull the bad pump and replace it. He did it all by himself, while I took a bath, rocked our baby to sleep and then read a book in my bed till I passed out. At around 4 a.m. I awoke with the realization that I'd left my man under the hood of a car, out on the street by himself working on my car. Opps. I got out there just in time to see him slam the hood down and crank the car. After a quick test drive, he went inside, ate breakfast, changed clothes and then went to work again. No sleep........he's handy, and I love that.

He's worked on just about everything we've ever owned that I've managed to break. And I manage to break something at least once a week. We've been married ten years, that is alot of fixing people......

So today shouldn't have surprised me.

Two weeks ago the 6 disc CD player in my car went out...deader than a doornail. I mourned the loss of my CD player loud and alot. Cause see, I hate radio. I don't listen to corporate country or other stations, I make my own CD's and then rock out everyday. So my favorite six CD's were being held hostage.

So I called my dealership (national chain) where my warrenty is still good. It would cost me a co-pay of $50 to replace that dang thing, which they assured me was worth 2k. BS! Being my cheap and frugal self, I have sat on it for two weeks, debating the need for such a waste of money. Cause surly I could spent $50 elsewhere......right? Heck I spent three times that today at Wal-Mart.....I usually do.

So today while cleaning my floors, The Man volunteered to take Princess to ballet, so he wouldn't get stuck finishing the floors.....um or maybe cause he's thoughtful. While waiting on her, he decided to make use of the carwash next door, as in, he was gonna clean out all the toys, wrappers and crap that accumlates in my car, then wash it. He loves me, and the fact that he loves his new-old hunting rig doesn't hurt.

So shortly after, he and Princess come in from their little trip. He waits till she is out of the room and then un-zips his jacket.......where he is bare-chested. Um hello........WTF? Turns out, he wasn't paying attention and after paying for the extreme carwash, he drove my car into the wash with the windows down. When the "Extreme" cold-recycled water blasted him and the whole dash of my car with 80 gallons of water, he got soaked and so did my dash.

By the time he got the windows up, he was soaked. So he took off his shirt and tried to quickly dry my dash......when my CD player turned on and spit out all 6 CDs then reset itself.

Yep, he fixed it. By any means possible......... he's handy...........and I have a warrenty in case my entire electrical system goes out or my car suddenly turns into Christine.....