Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Friday, June 6, 2008

The Sky is Falling.....

Oh boy, the impossible happened.....I got tagged.......by SOMEONE else. I still have a hard time believing that people actually waste, I mean take time from their day to read my thoughts, so I'm stoked to bring you this edition of ................ More stuff you really, really want to know about me. Here we go.........

The Rules:1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning of the post.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves in their post.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Questions:
1. What was I doing ten years ago?

This is pretty funny, since just yesterday I was on the phone with my girlfriend talking about how this month was our 10 year anniversary. Two of my very bestest friends came into my life 10 years ago this summer...

Okay, but what was I doing? Well 10 years ago, I have a six month old little girl, a husband deployed to the Persian Gulf and had moved from a small cardboard box in Imperial Beach, CA (read: apartment) into my first military townhouse, on base. It was old, made of concert walls and it was the best thing ever. I was thrilled. And scared and thrilled and nervous and thrilled. It was The Man and my's first separation due to the Navy. Thank you Navy. I grew some backbone that summer.

2. What are five things on my list to do today?

A. I'm going to finish this accounting project for my boss. I'm currently analysing the past four years of month income statements to find the problem areas. It's long, boring work. But I have my ipod, my phone on "send calls" and I have lotion for my poor dry fingers. I have been doing this all week. I'm very tired of it.

B. I'm also going to meet The Man for lunch. So I can complain about A above. Then we're going to work on picking out blinds for the new place.

C. I'm going to NOT call my broker five times today like yesterday to see if the appraisal on my house is back. I'm NOT! Four times maybe, but not five. That poor bastard is going to rue the day he ever took us as clients.

D. I'm going to clean out my car. We have a family event tomorrow where Princess will be going to perform a brief glimpse of Alice and Wonderland, the ballet. Therefore the entire family will be going in my car. The car that seats five now seats one driver and a ton of crap!

E. I'm going to be nice to someone today. But I will choose carefully who that someone will be. Can't waste that on just anybody.

3. Snacks I enjoy?

When I'm not on a diet........Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey. When I am on a diet, I'm the chunky monkey.

4. Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionnaire?

Buy my house outright, purchase my mom a log cabin in the woods. Secure my children's future and not tell them about it, don't want to raise spoilt rotten people right? Then I would travel, read and not do "corporate" work again, ever........

5. Three of my bad habits?

A. I curse worse than the sailor in my life. Seriously, nobody in my family growing up used "bad words" yet I think in bad words.........Mom, am I adopted?

B. I smoke Marlboro Lights, in the box. Don't even start with me, I've smoked on and off for fourteen years now. I actually like it, back off.

C. I'm a very picky person. I am picky about my friends, cause honestly you just can't waste your time on just anybody these days. I'm picky about my house, my job..........I think it's officially called OCD but I'm most comfortable with picky.

6. Five places I have lived?

A. Louisiana, born and raised
B. Oklahoma, where I met The Man
C. Chicago
D. San Diego, CA
E. Texas

Those are just the first five.......there are more

7. Five jobs I've had?

A. Chamber of Commerce
B. Office manager for a military command
C. Private Equity
D. Deputy District Clerk, Criminal records
E. Criminal assistant at law firm

Boy do I love me some calgon and do you see now why I smoke?

8. How did you name your blog?

My blog is named after my children. I have taken pieces of their "real" names and mine and created Hope4Grace. Which was a winner when I realized that it perfectly described my life journey as well.

Oh boy, now I'm tagging...............

1. Staying at home forever..............J get off your butt girl and get busy, I wanta see some posts!

2. Ummmm hey Brad...........

3. Country girl, you got time over there?

4. Mrs. Stay at home.........you too

5. last but not least..........the hip Canadian

Batter, Batter ----you're up.....