Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Scare Myself

What a productive day for somebody running on 4 hours of sleep! We were up till past midnight, me helping Dave with his math class and he cursing his math class. Dang math class.

This morning saw us in the "get the kids' butts on the bus on time" run being that we forgot to lay out clothes, pack lunches, and gather books last night as usual. Fun!

Dave got a local assignment so he'll be home for the holidays! Yeah! So he was off to the refinery for a couple of hours this morning.

I got off my butt and cleaned the house. Indulged and watched me some Glee.....snicker: Beast!

I hit Walmart early: grabbed the few things we needed then while standing in line my heart started hurting. I smelled my mom. Turn around and there was a sweet lady unloading her buggy behind me. Before I could think about it, I told her she smelled like my momma. She smiled and said that was sweet. I told her that my momma was in another state and I missed her. So she opened her arms and gave me a huge hug, saying it was from my momma. I smelled like my momma for an hour afterwards. That really lifted my spirits.

On to the primary school, where I was decorating yet another door. This time it was for VET's day. I had a blast. Earlier in the week, Dave and I went to the school with a bunch of military hats and after he taught the kids how to salute, we took their pics. The door was an explosion of little kids saluting! Then they each wrote a sweet note thanking the vets for their service. Tomorrow I'll post pics in honor of Vet's Day. One of my favorite holidays! One of the most deserving recognition days.

I got home just in time for Dave to come in and we hurried up and took a nap. I felt so much better.

We got the kids off the bus and promptly planned our next project. We are doing the Operation Christmas Child, you know....stuff a shoe box for Christmas. We have pledged to do 8 this year and we all hit up Walmart to pass on the blessings. What fun that was! We got everything bought as a family and Saturday night we'll sit down and actually stuff our boxes for drop off next week.

Please, I encourage you.....stuff a shoe box this Christmas for some kid somewhere in this world who won't have a Christmas.

I keep reminding my kids that it's important to spend some time being self-less rather than self-ish! Spread some Christmas love. $15 can really stuff a box peeps!

And now that I'm running on fumes...........I'm gonna go hold down the couch....that sneaky bastard keeps trying to run away!