Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, November 25, 2010

I bring the drama where ever I go

So we made it safety yesterday. Well we made it safely to the nearest big city about an hour from my hometown yesterday when the worst contamination I've ever had struck. It started with the normal cramping and then proceeded to sharp pains then drove me to my knees in a fastfood parking lot. Then Dave drove me to the nearest ER where I briefly remember laying in a fetal position crying for some time until the doc on duty got in my face and said there was nothing vital on that side of my stomach so I had to wait for a bed in the ER. The kids were scared, I was scared and felt like someone had shot me in my stomach and Dave was pissed beyond belief. He went for the truck after letting the family know what was doing with me, with the intent of taking me to another hospital in the area. Except as soon as the kids helped me out the ER door, I hit my knees and threw up all over the ER entrance. I literally emptied the contents of my stomach. Yuck, gag and ewwww all in the same thought. But I got enough of the contamination out that I could function. I'm sore and exhausted but we finally made it to my pearl wearing nanny's house. But what a way I have of blowing into town, geeeeez.

So I'm taking it easy and resting alot, but I'm on the mend.

And if you had to visit a Louisiana ER last night and step over vomit to get through the door, sorry. My bad.

Cooking, resting, napping and just hanging out. I do so love being with the family. Best of all, my photo-elusive-step-daddy (daddy of my heart, forever) stopped in from his hunting camp in Arkansas to spend some time with us today. Awesome!!!!!

More soon.