Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, August 18, 2008

The Grand Tour

So I bought a house two months ago.......and I'm not done unpacking or hanging stuff or even sorting into the correct rooms, but I realized I've neglected to give you the tour.......
So welcome...... I'm trying to think of the perfect phrase to have painted neatly on the front door. Some say "welcome" and others are more original, one lady has "no soliciting" painted neatly on her front door......interesting...but not me.
So this is the work space. I cook like crazy in this kitchen. The layout is perfect, I have tons of counter space and I love everything except the white appliances. I do not like them Sam I Am. I want stainless steel but The Man is ignoring those wants. He's still put out about my log (another day, I'll go there).
This is where all the magic happens. Just yesterday I cleaned that island six times. I do batch cooking on Sundays to make my life easier during the week. Hence all the white rags.
Murphy napped with his squirrel while I did my photo journaling of the house. He's such a momma's boy.

I would apoligize for the living area but I'm not. Yes, I have a Dora tv in my livingroom. I have a flat screen on my list, but just further down, past the dirt, sprinklers and grass. Also, yeah, I'm painting again, but neither picture is done, so don't judge me. It's really hard to have no talent. Plus up there, they can dry in peace and the kids won't be tempted to "add" to my work. I've also yet to finish unpacking all my books. But I think it's a very lived in look. We live here, it works for us. Not to mention all the other furniture and books are downstairs in the family room, which is framed but awaiting finishing. Maybe this winter.
Cause I keep it real, here is my dining room. Purses, new centerpiece bowl from my mom (fabo!), The Man's tackle box, Best Buy bags, belts, hand held games and all........sigh.....we're pigs
Besides having this thing for crosses, I love me some metal. So here is my bronze cross that guards the controls to Fort Knox, I mean our house......
Did I mention that I love metals? Yeah, wave to my clock, I love it. It tells perfect time but I would still have it on my wall if it didn't move at all. Oh and ignore the sock on the landing underneath it. Our laundry room is downstairs and as you can guess clothes just get thrown down the landing and then we move them into the proper area. We're pigs.
Nice view of my living area.......as much as I love my open floor plan (I blame years of military housing and all their silly walls for that), I can't wait to finish the two bedrooms/bath/laundry room and family room downstairs......these girls need their own space, so I can have mine back.

Speaking of their space? This disgrace is their bathroom. I'm on strike. I refuse to clean it, so I just talk really bad about it when I walk by, they finally picked it up last night before bed. It had been three days. Now, I'll go scrub their tub.
Princess is getting better at cleaning her room. Except, I should teach her to cover the end of the bed facing the door. So it won't give away her junk hiding spot.
Duchess has mastered the hiding spots. No junk in sight.
And yes, I really do wear high heels every day............see..........notice that my shoes get the good spots and the rest are lined up on the foyer floor?
And to round out our visit, this is the latest plant I've killed. I need a gardner......or a fake porch plant.......