Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Alice in Wonderland Part 1

(back in business over here peeps, so pretend that this is the beginning of the whole ballet thing)

Heading out, I realized that I'd forgotten to "enhance" Princess. Oh yeah, you're suppose to put stage makeup on them. Except the last time I let the ballet teacher do it, The Man about had a cow. So I just did a little enhancement myself on her. Duchess was not happy to be left out of the makeup fun......but moooooooooooooooooooooooom.
Not only did our little family show up, but my friend Cec, my mom and a friend of mom's came. How blessed are we? I can remember doing things as a kid and having grandparents and family show up, it was the norm right? Well as a military kid, Princess is used to having her mom there, that is all (cue sympathy music now please). So you can imagine how excited she was that there were so many of us present. Seriously, we took up a whole row. I can't tell you how cool these people are to give up a saturday afternoon for this.


The Man stationed himself on the aisle of our row. The better to corral Duchess. Cause Duchess is not thrilled with being left in the audience while Princess is preforming. She gets kinda grouchy about it actually.


However, she was an absolute doll. Cause daddy brought her "just because" flowers........ I swear that man just slays me sometimes. Oh wait, I didn't get any "just because" flowers.....Not cool.

So these were the older ballerinas, when they preform I can literally see Princess holding her breath. She likes to get to practice early just to watch them leap and jump and twirl. She has got it bad.
So this is what she wants to be..........
So this is what she is for now......she's working through it.
Get'em girl! Do your thang...........do don't look over here, that's not your mother and your mimi yelling and whooping your name.


(Cause we're bass aackwards here at Hope4Grace today)