Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, December 16, 2006

I've Been Smarter...

Yes, it's true. I have been alot smarter. Last night I had a playdate for both kids. Woohoo, Christmas shopping without having to stress, The Man was spending his last night on the ship and I was homefree. I had four hours of blissful free time to shop. So I hit the base department store first, great sales. Got some stuffers for the stockings, next stop JC Penney's for sweaters and a coat for Princess. Except, as I'm stowing the bags in the trunk, a car passes close to me and startled, I slammed the trunk lid on my thumb, then dropped the keys, and watched as the lid bounced up and then back down... locking my keys in the trunk as I stood by sucking my thumb. I've been smarter. One hour of shopping, two hours of sitting on back of car in dark parking lot after store closed, attempting to reach someone....... I love The Man, who bully-ed his way off the ship on his duty day to come rescue me finally. My Hero! I'm still cold..... Wow, my shadow looks huge, need to slack off the chocolate.....