Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Days

Must say that I'm thoroughly impressed with people who can get *stuff* done. Our new company has rallied to our cause (see previous post about military housing deadlines) and on Jan 2, a big ole truck with alot of little packers will show up to grace us with their presence. My house will be packed out on that day and they'll come back to drive it away on the 3rd. Woohoo! So, I'll need a new book and alot of coffee. This is my 10th "total" move, so I know the drill. Sip, read, stay out of their way and order pizza for lunch to feed the hungry packers.


The Man has the hard job, keeping Princess and Duchess out of the way, I wonder if it's possible to spend 8 hours at Chuckie Cheese without going insane? We'll let you know if he survives.


Christmas is upon us and I'm extrememly happy to note that I'm ready. Except that my mom's package for the royal house have not arrived. Crap! It'll get here right on time, I hope. We have all the gifts wrapped and under the tree, thanks to my mom and my mother in law, the kids have tons of toys, besides all the warm clothes we bought them and wrapped, yes, I'm that mom!

Thanks to the dancing housing lady (taser dreams), the royal house will open their gifts on the prettiest carpet you've ever seen. See, while out shopping for the winter boots we'll all need, The Man gets a phone call. I've never seen his eyes get so wide and then shrink so small in such a short time. He listens and grunts, then hands the phone to me. Dancing housing lady is groveling, because in the hour that we've been out of the house, a carpet cleaning company had let themselves into my home, illegally. Then not bothered by the site of an obviously occupied home, they shampooed half the carpets in my house before calling her. Said lady is having a heart attack at this point b/c well we're now "those" people. You know, the ones who showed their arse in her office. So she is beside herself. Once realizing that I got a free carpet clean right before I move out, therefore insuring that there would be no carpet charges, Yeah, I realized I could live with this. Merry Christmas to me!