Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Tiny House Kitchen

So the tiny little house in the most awesome neighborhood in town, is freaking awesome. But it's tiny so keep that in mind when you laugh at my little kitchen.....

I'm introducing the first room of our tiny little stone house. It's so far my favorite room. The cabinets are brand new, the sink is new but the rest is ancient.... do you see the radiator heater tucked under the ledge back there?

Yeah, this is me putting the final touches on a King Ranch Casserole (Gluten-Free Duh). Let me give you a tour....

 Notice below please: there are two types of wallpaper in this kitchen. Amazingly, this is old as hell wallpaper... the house was occupied by an older gentleman whose idea of using the kitchen was opening a can to heat on the stove.... he moved to Florida, I got a steal! Also, what you see below, that is the ENTIRE kitchen.... and frankly, it's handy as hell... everything is within reach and fits just fine. It's just not cute.

 Notice how awesome my rug matches, that was completely by accident as I have had this rug for years.
 Now the wall was emtpy except for the stove until I got creative.... there's my card table, my little "drink" fridge (tea, soda, water, etc), my microwave, and my little portable pantry! Now this kitchen is pimped out with the goods that momma needs to get stuff done. Notice all my spices lining the big ole window!

Best part, the kitchen is on the second floor and the house is surrounded by trees and tall bushes so there is total privacy without the need for curtains! I likey.

So much so that I just pulled GF homemade cinnamon rolls out of the oven.... for a quick breakfast before church.

More to come... we do have a few extra rooms after the kitchen.