Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Saturday, November 19, 2011

Phase 1 Complete

Liquid Goo Phase complete. Otherwise known as complete my last day at work and withdraw the children from school phase. Yesterday was busy and I was running around like a mad cow trying to get everything as up to date and under control as possible for my guys. Then the food was delivered and the potluck sides put out but before everyone started eating, I left. The goodbye were so hard. I wasn't done there, I still had things to accomplish for them and I really will miss my family there! I cried and prayed the whole way home thanking God for giving me that opportunity because after my former job, I needed to have that family experience. I needed to see that I could fit in and work somewhere that I loved and was happy to jump out of my car each morning. It was a huge blessing. One that I will treasure!!!!

Then it was straight home to clean my raccoon eyes and head to the schools. It took less than an hour to withdraw both kids from their respective schools. I was so pleased that they were both adamant that they wished I would reconsider and leave the girls, lol. My babies will be missed. Their grades are great and they are happy kids that fit in well wherever they go, got to love them Military Brats!

I managed to get me some B time to snuggle with Boo on the couch watching preschooler shows (I literally felt my IQ dropping, wow those shows suck) and then it was off to the airport to pick up Dave.

Dave flew in to "help" with the move.

Dave probably flew in to ascertain that my sentimental ass actually leaves the state of Texas on time. I can't blame him, lol. Except, since Princess is happily tucked in at the hunting camp for her first season with Pepaw.... that is where he is headed this morning, lol. He's off to hunt till Monday with her and I'll get most of the ground work done here before we joins me for the final push. The movers get here Wednesday. Watch us get busy up in this mug!!!!!!!!!!!

So gotta scrub this house and finish laundry and drag all the boxes out of attic. Time to get this place ready for the packers cause all I'm doing is emptying the trash. My guy is a stud. And what better way to ensure I leave Texas on time than to have someone else pack my ass up. I'm just saying.

Cross your fingers and hope that the automatic oven cleaner works like a charm cause otherwise I'll spend the rest of my day inside the belly of that nasty beast. Damn Prin and her sloppy baking habits. Damn me and lack of notice till just now of the gross ass oven. Sigh.

Later peeps, I got to go buy some rubber gloves and a sonic drink. Oh and some rum for later. Cause all the rum is gone.