Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, September 13, 2010

An Interview...I swear

so when you start getting bored during the day, you occassionally stroll through the want ads looking at jobs and when you see a cool one, you apply. And occassionally they call you and give you one hour notice that they would like to meet you for an interview. And occassionally you'll throw on clothes and go forth to said interview...

These are (seriously* hand to the Lord) a FEW of the many many questions I was asked by a six panel board.

*can you deal with blood, urine, or possible feces soaked materials?
Ummmmmmm yes if there are hazmat clothing nearby

*are you comfortable debating with someone older and more senior to you?
yes I can hold my own
*really? you sure?
Ummmm yeah, I might be 5 ft nothing but I can hold my own

*can you testify in open court about your job duties and how you handle this job if you are chosen?
yes
*are you sure?
yes
*now court is very stressful....
I've worked in open court and am very familiar with the process
*but testifying....
If I've done my job to the best of my training and abilities then there shouldn't be any reason to be stressed
*hmmmmm....

*are you overqualified for this job?
excuse me?
*don't you think that you are overqualified for this job?
In certain areas I am overqualified however in other areas I am underqualified which is why I would like more information on the training available
*which areas are you overqualified?
You specified that the candidate must type 40 words per minute, I type 80. So I'm double qualified in that area.
*you think very fast on your feet
Thank you!

*what is your best work quality?
I get the job done, everytime.
*what is your worst work quality?
I get the job done and at times it may not be in the friendliest manner.
*example?
If I have to do my job and yours to make sure it's done on time and correctly because you took a long lunch or disappeared, I will. However, you and I will talk about it later.
****** (silent man finally speaks up)...hey that is my line.

So I'm not thinking that I'm gonna get a call back from that one. Especially when this subject came up:

*what was your last salary with (insert former company name here)?
(insert my answer here)
*so you made double what we are offering?
yes, but I understand that rural Southeast Texas is a different market (insert sweet smile here)
* (mutters) Christ that is more than I make
---silence on my end-----

Oh good lord, seriously.....

I'm starting to think if I want to work while my kids are back in school then I'm gonna have to go with the whole "my dog ate my resume" routine. Either that or lie..........