Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hmmm

Duchess and I were carpooling together yesterday on our way home from work/preschool....

Me: Did you have a great day honey?

Her: Yep, I didn't hit anyone

Me: Good job.....

Her: (interrupting) Do I get M&M's?

Me: No

Silence.........

Me: (Singing to the radio)

Her: Mommy I see something in the sky

Me: An airplane?

Her: Nope it's a spaceship

Me: weather balloon?

Her: Nope, it's a spaceship

Me: No, it's not

Her: Yes it is

Me: No, it's not

Her: YES, IT IS

Me: it's rude to yell

Her: it's rude not believing me.....

Me: huh? Who said?

Her: ummmmm it's a spaceship

Me: Do you know what's in a spaceship

Her: aliens

Me: huh?

Her: scary green monster aliens

Me: no, it's not

Her: uh-huh

Me: no, it's not, no aliens, no monsters, no spaceship

Her: I'll ask daddy

Me: (sigh)

Her: He knows all about aliens.......(blah blah blah, ongoing conversation that I kinda blocked out)

Later in the evening as The Man is under the hood of his truck and the thought occured to me:

Me: Do you know all about aliens......?

Him: huh? Pass that socket, no not that one, that's a wrench, the socket by your left hand, no not that one, the other left.....thanks........um aliens?

Me: yeah aliens

Him: no, but I did read our coffee table book on conspiracys, it was in there

Me: yeah? I missed that

Him: why?

Explained the conversation with Duchess......

Him: Huh, well why do you tell her that crap?

Me: huh? Not me, I didn't tell her that

Him: damn gossiping preschool know it alls........I hate when she talks to her friends about crap

Me: well that pretty much covers it