Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Monday, November 5, 2007

Oh Holy Cajun Hell

I love The Man, I love The Man, I love The Man....

If I keep repeating this I will remember it's true and not jump on his back when he walks in the door and have a hissy fit.

I suggested that we invite over ONE couple from his work, as we've been to several dinners and have yet to host, so I thought it would be nice to make an effort..........

HELLO....I'm making an effort, surely he realizes how huge this is? Cause I'm the homebody that loves to be home with my family and if not forced will not have company in my house for years at a time....I'm making progress....

This is the call I got earlier......

"Hey, busy day?"

"Yeah, work is killer....ummmm remember you said to invite SO and SO to dinner with their kids?"

"Yeah, did they say no?" Oh please say no....I suck at polite conversation, I say the wrong things, things like F-bombs and inappropriate conversations about being carried out of a fire emergency door by his brother while he was still fighting the bouncers......which I would like to point out was a long long time ago, a long long long time ago.........I swear.........

"Yeah, but then so and so said they'd come and so and so and then so and so and maybe so and so...........are you there? Honey? HONEY?"

Through gritted teeth: "And what am I suppose to cook for everyone HONEY?"

"Cajun was suggested since you're Cajun and all..............honey? HONEY? Oh there you are, are you breathing? But if you want to make it easy do ziti, alot of ziti.... honey?"

So the gauntlet was thrown down. I immediately summoned mother upstairs for a code red, as we now have to burn the living hell out of over a dozen people's taste buds in three days.......

F***!

We're thinking spicy boiled shrimp and boudin sausage for starters...... followed up by alligator and sausage gumbo....okay chicken and sausage but I'm telling them it's alligator, tastes like chicken anyway and it'll scare the hell out of them.....then something pecan for dessert........

Help.................send booze.........