Southern girl plowing her way through life making the rules up as she goes. Warning: likes to bake, curse, quote movies/literature, is tattooed, married to The Man and mother of two girls. We bring new meaning to the "griswald way of life". Come along for the ride!



Thursday, June 18, 2009

Changing Utah, one kid at a time

Princess is finishing up basketball camp this week. So normally I drop her off on my way to work, wait till they open the doors (cause I'm not one of those parents that drop my kid and drive away while they stand outside, geez people - be good parents) then off to work I go.



Except this morning, somebody was running late (not me, I assure you...I'm never late). So the kids were stuck outside waiting. Princess jumps out of the car, leaving me waiting at the curb to go join her two new friends.



Frankly I don't mind, as hello.....some of my songs aren't kid friendly so I can jam without worrying about my influence on her growing psych. So here I am, jamming out having a good time, occassionally looking over as parents continue to drop kids off and drive around me and away......making sure that Princess is fine, even though she is only 150 feet from me.



When I noticed something not quite right......

Seems that she pulled a deck of cards out of her vest....... oh no......... surely not.........



As the crowd of girls got bigger, I realized that yes, my kid was playing Texas Hold'em with her new bestest friends..... sweet innocent little Mormon girls......




And the little blonde on the right, she folded.......
My only thought was please God, don't let her take their money, I'll never hear the end of it!